And Then There Was...

Dear Readers,
My Newest Health Adventure!
Five weeks after my hysterectomy, my stitches came loose, and my small intestines came out of my body!

I held them up and my husband drove me to emergency room, where I was fixed up within a short time. Stayed at the hospital for two nights, where I had a roommate with a drunk boyfriend. It was an interesting time, for sure! 

There is always something!
Back to square one, sitting and waiting to heal. 
Yet, I am feeling joyful because I can walk a little, smell flowers, write, and I am not in much pain! 
I can laugh, because I know, this is life. I surrender. My body is going to do whatever it wants to, and I can just go along for the ride! 
My Backyard!


While in the hospital, I found this poem, by Izumi Shikibu, in a small daily healing book:


Although the wind
blows terribly here,
On Our Walk
the moonlight also leaks,
between the roof planks
of this ruined house.

There will always be storms in our lives. We will cry and grieve, yet somehow, we find the courage to carry on.

I find courage in words of others.
I find hope and strength reading from their wisdom.
I have used this quote from Helen Keller before, but I cannot help but post it again:

Most people measure their happiness in terms of physical pleasure and material possession. Could they win some visible goal which they have set on the horizon, how happy they could be! Lacking this gift or circumstance, they would be miserable. If happiness is to be so measured, I who cannot hear or see have every reason to sit in a corner with folded hands and weep. If I am happy in spite of my deprivations, if my happiness is so deep that it is a faith, so thoughtful that it becomes a philosophy of life, - if in short, I am an optimist, my testimony to the creed of optimism is worth hearing."

I am not always optimistic, just ask my husband, especially in the morning before a bit of coffee! (Which he is bringing me right now!)
I strive to be more joyful than complaining, because as much as misery loves company, I would rather sing flowers!

With Rainbows of Flowers,
And all my Intestines, 
On Day 1737,
Wendy

You can also find me on Twitter at Untipsyteacher and Word Press!

PS - For those who follow me, our kitchen is done!! Keith did a gorgeous job! So much light!


Comments

  1. Wow, Wendy, that's intense. Hope you are well on the mend! Look after yourself, oh, and the kitchen looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're doing better now! What an adventure! You look great, your kitchen looks great..and I'm very fond of your backyard mosaic table. All best!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs right back!
      Now if we could only sit outside! The gnats are killing us!
      xo

      Delete
    2. I have no words except to say I’m glad your okay!!! I’m really not sure I could have handled it as well as you seem to have. Good grief!!!

      Love and hugs.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a story! I'm glad to know you are okay through all that! Love the poem and HK's quote. I'm going to write that in my journal, it's a keeper. And your kitchen came out so cute!! The smiles you bring to me are always welcomed! xo, ll

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts