Self Care

Dear Readers,

People always say,
"Take care of yourself".

I know I need to,

Exercise,
Eat Right,
Get enough sleep.

But what else?
To go deeper into self care means,

Being creative,
Using my talents,
Prayer,
Mediation.

These are the things
I forgot all about,
When I was working
Too hard.

Self care is vital to
Staying sober.

If I am neglecting 
My spirit,
Drinking becomes 
The only way I try to take care.

By taking the time
To take care of myself,
I nurture the gifts I was given,
And then
I can also,
Help others.

Comments

  1. You are so right. Not drinking is a constant struggle and we need to be as strong as we can to continue to remain sober. Thanks for all of your support. It's so good to know there are others out there ready to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By helping others, I help myself!
    By helping myself, I can help others!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts