5 Months or 152 Days

Dear Readers,
As I write this, it is snowing. I am once again in a coffee shop, eating a chocolate croissant and drinking a chia tea latte. Double yum!
Who knew being sober could taste this good?
Sober Date in Fall

As I think about my 5 months, I keep coming back to gratitude.
Being grateful for all that I have is vital to my continued emotional growth.
I keep coming back to all the people, who by sharing their recovery stories, are helping me. I hope I am helping them as well. We need each other.

In my meeting today, there were many long-time sober people. Some of them talked about not needing to be a "know-it-all" in recovery. They spoke of being a beginner, even with years of sobriety. They don't have all the answers. This makes sense to me. It would be very easy to think I have it "nailed down", and think that my way is the only way to do it. I don't want to slip into that way of thinking.

I believe recovery is a place to grow in all areas of my life, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It is a place to look beyond just the drinking. Drinking stunted some of my growth. 
People all over the world, and right here in my city, are all giving me inspiration. They are helping me gently push myself to a deeper growth.

When I started this journey, I met a Women For Sobriety woman on-line.
She kept texting me asking me how I was doing, and saying "I believe in you."
Those were some of the most powerful words I had spoken to me.
I kept them close to my heart, and soon I believed it myself.

To all my fellow friends in recovery, I believe in you.

Comments

  1. Huge congratulations! !!
    You are amazing. Thankyou for your post
    lisa
    www.thecword-compassion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post :) Happy 5 months to you! Lori K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori!
      It's fun to see you on Lucy's blog!

      Delete
  3. Brilliant post as always TNM, and thank you xxx
    Photo looked gorgeous too - Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool congrats, and I am not a robot (:!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts