Freedom and 140 Days

Dear Readers,
On my walk last night, I captured some beautiful sights. 
What I love about walking is the peace I feel when I look for the beauty all around me. 
It's there. Just waiting for me to see.


So often I am rushing, and I look,
but I don't see.
Today, at my meeting, I glimpsed the feeling of freedom
As people talked, I thought how great it was to be free of the chain of drinking.
Drinking made life so complicated.
It was, "Should I have one more?"
"Will my Loved One be mad?"
"How will I get rid of these?"
"Will I get stopped?"
And on and on it went.

How wonderful it is to not have those extra worries.
Life is complicated enough without that extra burden.

I don't think of forever when I think of not drinking,
but this morning I had a thought of happiness not drinking the rest of my life.
I could feel it and picture it.
I could taste the freedom.

Comments

  1. Great picture, great post. 140 days is awesome. Glad you are feeling the happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Today, I can feel it!
      I hope I have more days like this!
      Peace and Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Love the picture, love your post!! And we are FREE, it so much better than having that beast chained to your back. Glad you are doing well today.

    Hugs,

    SR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely image and lovely post. It's good to hear you sound so happy about being sober! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Thirsty Still,
      Thank you for checking my blog!
      I love taking photographs of me, too! Lol

      Delete
  4. Yay for the forever feeling isnt it liberating!!!???
    The rewards are there for the taking which you deserve!
    Hugs from nz
    lisa www.thecword-compassion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lisa,
      And I want the rewards!!
      I like having peace of mind!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this post. I need to start trying to see more of the benefits of not drinking - I am still stuck in a feeling of loss. Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie,
      It will come.
      It's the first time I felt it!
      Keep on trying!

      Delete
  6. I love this idea of feeling free from drinking... I oscillate between this and feeling punished by not drinking - I'd like to feel more of this freedom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!
      I'm just thankful for feeling today!
      I am loving each day I am sober lately!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts