Self-Talk

Dear Readers,
I am working hard on changing my self-talk.
It's amazing how many negative thoughts I think about myself each day.
I make my life so much harder than it needs to be.

Here are some of my negative thoughts:

I'm so tired, I can't do anything.
I'm never going to be able to do this.
I look so old.
This is too hard.
This is too much. 
I'm so depressed.
This will never get better.
I'm so sick. I'll never feel better.
I'm so…..
I can't….

YIKES!

The first step is for me to notice when I start thinking this way.
I know not everything is going to be happy, happy, happy, ALL the time.
However, I can change my self-talk to be a bit more gentle.

I COULD say:

I am a little tired, but I'll be okay.
I can do some of this.
I look okay today.
This is kind of hard, but I'll try.
This is a lot to handle right now, but it will get better.
I am feeling a little bit down, but I know I will feel better after my walk or shower.
I will get better.
This is just for a little while.
I can try.

For all of my life I have been very hard on myself.
I have always pushed myself and beat myself up when I don't get something "perfect".
I am really tired of living this way.
I want to change this story.
I want to treat myself with gentle, loving hands.
How would I treat my friend?
I would tell them to take care of themselves.
To love themselves.

To all of my friends in recovery, treat yourself with tender, loving care today. You are on a wonderful path of healing and joy.

Comments

  1. Oh, I needed this today ;) a crappy Monday in my world...but I wasn't hungover ;) Thank You! Lori K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! It's so much better when the voices in my head say positive and encouraging things. And I am in charge of those voices. But it's hard sometimes to make them behave nicely! This is a good reminder and help. thank you for a great post😊

    Hugs,

    SR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohhoo. Nice post. U rock
    lisa
    www.thecword-compassion.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts